Pattern #201- Julie Smart
|Materials list for handbag:
- 1/2 yard vinyl for the bag - 16 or 20
gauge. If the gauge is not specified, get the thickest you can
find. Most fabric stores carry this as a tablecloth
- 3/4 yard fabric for the cuff, handles,
and channels. Medium weight, home-dec type fabrics such as
twill or denim are recommended.
- Thread to match the above fabric.
- Optional - 1 1/3 yard light weight fusible
interfacing if using quilt weight cotton for the cuff.
- 6 inches hook and loop tape (Velcro).
- Polyester boning (1/2 inch wide) - 1 yard for the
purse size bag, or 1 1/4 yard for the tote.
- 1 magnetic snap.
|Materials list for reversible covers:
- 12 inches hook and loop tape (Velcro)
- 1/2 yard fabric of 2 different cotton
- 3/4 yard light weight fusible
- Rotary cutter and mat with marked measurements
- Acrylic ruler
- Teflon foot for your sewing machine
- 90/14 leather needle
- Miniature spring clothespins (available
at craft stores) to hold vinyl instead of pins
- Pink hair set tape (available at beauty supply
stores) to mark the vinyl
- Permanent marker to mark the cutting lines on the
- Marking chalk
- Optional, but very nice to have:
Sew-Slip (this is a non-stick sheet that is put on the bed of your
sewing machine during free-motion quilting to help the quilt slide
better). We won't be doing free-motion sewing, but this will
help the vinyl not stick to the sewing machine.